Ontario Estate Planning and Trust and Estate Legal Services
At O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers, our client philosophy is simple. We believe that the key to achieving your estate planning goals is understanding your personal objectives and values. To accomplish this we provide a comfortable atmosphere where the intricacies of your finances and family relationships may be discussed frankly and with discretion. Our approach results in a level of personal service not achievable in large institutional or transaction-oriented law firms.
Your individual estate planning goals are unique to you, and your estate planning needs may be simple or complex. O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers provides tailored estate planning and estate administration as well as estate dispute resolution legal services to clients resident both in and outside Ontario, including those who have high value estates. For more information about how we can help you, we encourage you to contact our Toronto law firm to learn more during a consultation.
Experienced Ontario Estate Planning Lawyers
We augment our client services with expertise developed through extensive casework and practical experience as well as numerous leadership roles in the Canadian trust and estate field. A partial list of firm founder Margaret O'Sullivan's credentials and accomplishments includes:
- Recognition in European and Canadian directories as a leading estate planning and private client practitioner
- 2014 recipient of the STEP Founder's Award for Outstanding Achievement
- 2013 recipient of the Ontario Bar Association's Award of Excellence in Trusts and Estates Law
- A founding member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) (Canada) and numerous national and international leadership roles in STEP
- Election as a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and election as a member of Council of the Ontario Bar Association
- Frequent speaker and writer on trusts and estates, estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation, including authorship of two textbooks and development of course materials
- Experience as an expert witness
Susannah Roth, who has practiced trust and estate law since being called to the bar in 2002 and has spoken and written on various subject areas in trust and estate law, is a member of the Council of the Ontario Bar Association and the current Chair of the Executive of the Trusts and Estates Section of the Ontario Bar Association. Ms. Roth was the 2011 recipient of the Ontario Bar Association's Heather McArthur Memorial Young Lawyers' Award for contribution to continuing legal education and professional development.
Christopher Kostoff is also part of the O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers legal team. Chris graduated with distinction from the Faculty of Law, University of Western Ontario, where he received several awards for academic excellence. He is a student member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (Canada) and a member of the Canadian Bar Association and Ontario Bar Association. Chris has co-authored articles on the topic of taxation of partnerships.
O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers was previously named one of Canada's Top Five Trusts and Estates Law Boutiques by Canadian Lawyer.
Many clients of O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers are United States citizens or other foreign nationals who have complex estate issues and assets and affiliations in Canada, the U.S. and elsewhere. To discuss how our estate legal services can help you, contact the Ontario estate lawyers of the downtown Toronto law firm O'Sullivan Estate Lawyers at 888-365-6235.
While browsing through our website you will notice images of various paintings and artwork that are located in our office.