Wednesday, September 23, 2020
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. EDT
Are you (or your clients) making estate plans or administering an estate that involves one or more countries? Will you (or your clients) inherit property in England? Do you (or your clients) own a second property in Portugal or Italy? Do you have clients who moved to France, but have left assets in Canada?
It’s challenging for lawyers to stay on top when estate planning or estate administration has foreign connections.
Join this complimentary webinar from O’Sullivan Estate Lawyers, recognized as one of Canada’s leading trusts and estates legal boutiques.
Register now to learn how to approach multijurisdictional issues in estate planning and estate administration, and how, when, and why foreign laws may apply. This webinar will explore:
• Wealth succession – Which laws apply?
• Using separate situs wills and powers of attorney – When are they recommended?
• Administering property – When a person dies and owns property in a foreign country.
• Multiple taxation on a client’s death – What you need to know.
• Forced heirship rules – How they may apply and how to deal with them.
Secure your place and learn solutions and approaches for advising on foreign issues in estate planning and administration. Relevant resource material for future reference will be provided to help you navigate your clients on these complex issues.
For enquiries, please contact email@example.com